Onsite Role - Network Security Engineer
6 months Contract to Hire
We’re looking for experienced network professionals to join Wireless 5G Network Engineering Team. The Network Security Engineer will join a team of other passionate engineers and bring a start-up spirit to evaluate, test, deploy, and optimize future standalone 5G network. The candidate should also be innovative, analytical, a planner, have solid execution skills, and have the ability to learn, teach, and work in a team environment.
In this role, you will:
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates should have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network security elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high- and low-level diagrams
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical area
- Design, plan, and implement network security systems at nationwide scale
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis of network security risks and requirements, network design, network partitioning or segmentation, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
Education and Experience
- Architecture, design, and engineering of network security boundaries both internal and external
- Configuration hardening of network and peripheral devices, both physical and virtual
- Network firewall and IDS/IPS systems evaluation, design, implementation, and support
- Palo Alto physical and virtualized firewalls (VNF/CNF)
- Palo Alto Panorama
- Design and Implementation of internal and external VPN and IPSec connectivity
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- X509 Digital Certificates
- CA and SubCA principles
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Keys
- Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- TLS/SSL and IPSec
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP and IPAM configuration and management
- Creation of network security policies, processes, auditing, and enforcement
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or six plus years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus - CompTIA Network +, Security + and CISSP
- Public cloud certifications a plus - AWS Practitioner, Solutions and/or Security Architect
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire