Our direct end-client a large financial enterprise is seeking to hire a Lead Business Intelligence Engineer / Lead BI Reporting Engineer to join their team as a direct-hire/ full-time employee in downtown Los Angeles, CA.
Remote for now! Will be required to work from the office post Covid-19.
What is the opportunity?
- BI reporting lead team of 5
- Product central organization, horizontal team supports finance, marketing, digital, treasury, etc. (any group that needs data)—looking for a person who can thrive with that type of change, different projects for different groups.
- 20% execution, more designing and coming up with strategy, drive team—not a hands on role
- This person needs to be able to step back, see the big picture and know where they need to move the team, foresee challenges and know how to navigate
- Self-driven, don’t need a lot of direction
- Reporting and lead are 2 most important things
- Technical, coordination of team, responsibilities outside of administrative side
- Execute on roadmaps, coach, mentor
- Tableau, Business objects, and Power BI (going to start using power BI)
- Working with business users
The BI Reporting Lead will be responsible for the development, administering and maintaining of various BI reporting tools (Business Objects, Tableau, etc.). Responsibilities also include leading the development initiatives for reports, graphs, dashboards, universe development of existing and new content. Coordinate and communicate enhancements, fixes and projects involving reports used by the business users. As well, as apply application upgrades, service packs, hot fixes and other potential add-ons during the maintenance windows. Perform regular application maintenance of the Business Objects and Tableau applications to keep the systems operationally optimal.
What will you do?
Responsible for configuration, optimization, installation, troubleshooting and on-going maintenance for all Business Objects, Tableau, and other reporting tools across multiple environments. Develop high level and detailed designs for existing reporting platforms, development activities along with process improvements. Provide training and guidance to reporting community via organizing forums and knowledge sharing platforms Evaluate and recommend platform and technology solutions for adoption based on the BI tools vendor roadmaps. Perform technical due diligence on BI reporting tools by assessing usage patterns and performance degradations. Advise senior management on BI reporting tools product features and upcoming improvements. Work with business users to gather requirements, troubleshoot reports issues, and drive resolutions towards completion. Effectively communicate and collaborate with business users, IT support teams, to understanding of problem and resolution.
What Do You Need To Succeed
Minimum 5 years of Business Intelligence reporting technical platform in a senior/lead role.
Minimum 5 years of report development experience using Business Objects, Tableau or equivalent.
BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred SAP Certification for Business Objects a plus SSO and NT Authentication integration is a plus
Skills and Knowledge
Experience with relational databases, schemas, and knowledge of developing and maintaining reporting layers. Experience with Business Objects Development Suite platform Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.