Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Blackboard Online Learning Administrator
to join their Phoenix, AZ based team full-time, permanent. 100% REMOTE!
Must be able to work AZ time zone.
The Learning Technologies Administrator will set standards for operational, administrative, and technical specifications for the learning management system (LMS) and support technologies and ensure that the learning environment is stable. This role performs maintenance for the LMS (Blackboard) and provides support to Education in the design and administration of online courses and supporting technologies.
The Learning Technologies Administrator configures and supports the Blackboard environment; ensures data accuracy and integrity; participates in and/or leads the testing and implementation of Blackboard functions; and performs and documents changes related to Blackboard configuration and enhancements.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Maximize the student’s online education experience by managing LMS functions, including system monitoring, data management and reporting, maintenance of system parameters, and management of user roles.
- Performs advanced LMS Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, content management, HTML & CSS branding, Building Block and LTI maintenance, system upgrade testing and validation, publisher configuration and troubleshooting, system-level communication, database reporting, and Grade Center.
- Provide support to video hosting platforms, web conferencing tools, plagiarism software, and assessment integrity solutions.
- Supports Instructional Design staff with online course development and design.
- Plans and administers course copy process and cascade appropriate communications to stakeholders regarding course availability.
- Serve as a liaison between the Information Technology, Education and Development departments, Blackboard, and other integrated technology providers.
- Analyze current processes and business requirements to make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with vendors and technology providers to configure, test, and implement tools to enhance the LMS environment.
- Partner with Education and Development; handle support tickets and instruct and coach faculty and staff on course management functions and use of learning tools and technologies.
- Provide direct support to faculty and staff with Blackboard functions, handle (resolve or triage) and track support requests.
- Implements application patches, enhancements, upgrades, and releases.
- Works with vendors to resolve application issues.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Documents processes, procedures, best practices
- Serves as primary liaison with support teams.
- Monitors system performance and coordinates tuning activities with DBA and Network Engineering teams.
- Provides guidance and training for other, more junior members of the teams on the supported applications.
- Manages releases and deployment activities including coordinating releases with multiple development and support teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent work experience and demonstrated ability required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Blackboard Administrator required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in higher education required
- Familiarity with user roles, problems, implementation, maintenance of courses, and troubleshooting user problems in Blackboard required.
- Working knowledge of SQL for the purpose of analytics and troubleshooting strongly preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products such as Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of computing, networking and communications systems and external educational applications
- Experience with streaming video technologies preferred
- Broad technical knowledge base with a propensity and willingness to learn new technologies and keep informed of emerging technology
- Knowledge of technical support best practices in an academic environment
- Actively seeks opportunities to make contributions vs. passively accepting situations. Goes above expectations to achieve goals. Decisions have a noticeable effect on department and company, and judgment errors can have far reaching impact.
- Communicates clearly and maintains a positive relationship with customers, team members and management
- Regularly provides advice and recommends actions involving complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, priorities, and deadlines
- Builds confidence and trust with customers
- Displays effective analytical skills
- Effectively manages scope and customer expectations on individual assignments
- Follows through on all assignments and takes ownership of issues through resolution
- Seeks innovative ways to improve the process of delivering solutions
- Functions independently with limited work direction as a member of a self-directed team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
- Ability to function in flexible and adaptable work schedules.
- Advanced level troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to test own and other’s work
- Ability to identify and resolve software and system problems or defects
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.