Our direct client is seeking to hire a "Mid or Senior Network Engineer” for a PERMANENT HIRE role.
The client is located in Overland Park, KS.
Mid or Senior Network Engineer, 100% Remote
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
|You will be working 100% REMOTE, for a Large, Fortune 1000 company who has all the latest and greatest tools and technology, PLUS, working with a GREAT boss!!
Will consider non-local candidates for this position!
Our direct client needs a Mid or Senior Network Engineer for engineering, enhancing and supporting our mission critical network infrastructure. This engineering role will help lead the team’s activities for system design, security, architecture and implementation of network infrastructure solutions. You will be responsible for implementing, enhancing and optimizing the support of industry standard and emerging networking technologies, including researching and recommending solutions to improve the supportability and capability of critical infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements Gathering, Design and Implementation (15%):
Technology Innovation: (25%):
- Install, configure, test and maintain Network infrastructure systems, application software and system management tools
- Assists with maintaining and enhancing accurate documentation steps for installation, maintenance and configuration activities.
- Manages team and small departmental projects. Coordinates the successful execution of project activities. Assists and develops project presentation. Presents project presentation to technical groups.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Assists with the documentation of work and implementation standards/processes/procedures for the broader work group
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project management, and experience providing tasks, milestones and time estimation within project plans.
Process and Support (50%):
- Seeks opportunity to automate, simplify and consolidate Network Infrastructure platforms and processes
- Write and maintain automation code utilizing Python, Ansible or similar DevOps tools to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Actively participates in and assists with vendor contract negotiations for areas of technology expertise
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices. Proactively identifies opportunities to leverage technology, improve processes, and enhance vendor relations to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. Works with management team to develop strategic direction for team.
Peer Leadership (10%):
- Manage and monitor all installed Network systems and infrastructure
- Remediate vulnerabilities identified by the Information Security Team and enhance baseline configurations
- Monitor and test network architectures, identify possible solutions, and work with customers to implement those fixes.
- Evaluates and responds appropriately to customer issues and requests. Handles highly complex issues with moderate assistance. Escalates when necessary to appropriate team or individual to resolve.
- Works complex incidents, performs troubleshooting, administers repairs. Drives team to meet team SLAs
- Actively coaches level one engineers, providing feedback as necessary
- Is as a SME for key areas of expertise and drive key projects or ongoing operational functions
- Assists with strategy/roadmap, and identifies and recommends new technology solutions to meet business needs
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in areas related to platform specific systems and/or network operations.
- Experience with configuring and supporting enterprise grade network equipment (routers, switches, wireless, firewalls).
- Experience troubleshooting circuits.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel on all levels.
- Experience in supporting a large enterprise infrastructure.
- Experience with CISCO network switches
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers
- Experience network monitoring solutions and packet capture software.
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies
- Experience with Remediating software & configuration vulnerabilities
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.