Our direct client is seeking to hire a "Senior DevOps Engineer" for a PERMANENT HIRE role.
The client is located in Overland Park, KS.
GREEN FIELD PROJECT!! Not one line of code has been written!
Sr DevOps Engineer, 100% Remote
Location: Overland Park, KS 66211
Duration: Full Time
|You will be working 100% REMOTE, for a Large, Fortune 1000 company who has all the latest and greatest tools and technology, PLUS, working with a GREAT boss!!
Will consider non-local candidates for this position!
Our client is looking for an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will be part of a fast-paced team enabling transformational change. The Sr. DevOps Engineer will partner with team members across the enterprise to design, implement and support a modern CI/CD platform to automate the building, testing and deployment of on premise and cloud-based digital solutions. The Sr. DevOps Engineer will play a key role in advancing digital application development and process automation.
If you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line this is the place for you.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Build, maintain and extend automated Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) platforms for on premise and cloud-based digital applications.
- Guide organization towards self-service DevSecOps model with aspiration for fully automated, zero downtime deployments.
- Drive design and implementation of on premise and cloud-based development environments.
- Engage with development, security and quality assurance teams to adopt and continuously improve best practices for software delivery.
- Participate in the development, evaluation and recommendation of tools, processes, and best practices to improve quality, consistency, and velocity of solution delivery.
- Implement and support automation and scripting.
- Configure and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, testing, code review, etc.
- Perform DevSecOps duties as needed to administer and maintain the configuration, health, and enhancement of the digital solution platform.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and best practices, making recommendations for improvement.
- Provide consultation and training on CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five or more years’ experience with DevSecOps or DevOps engineering.
- Strong working knowledge CI/CD best practices and systems.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and solutions needed to achieve results and instill positive cultural change in the practice of DevSecOps.
- Experience with application development and implementations in cloud environment - Azure or AWS
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Fargate (or comparable).
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipeline automation using tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Ansible or equivalent.
- Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
- Excellent understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability, and disaster recovery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals – Python, Java, Linux Shell or equivalent
- Knowledge of GitLab, GitHub Actions, CircleCI or equivalent.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools (e.g., Terraform).
- Experience troubleshooting applications using network tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, traceroute, and telnet.
- Experience provisioning infrastructure on premise and in cloud environments.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.