Principal Production DevOps Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94089
or Dulles, VA 20041
**Must pass a Background Check & Drug Screen**
In this senior technical role, you will not only have broad responsibility for the delivery of our services, but also play a foundational role in determining how those services will be built, brought to market, and managed for maximum performance and availability. You have expertise and passion for delivering web applications (all tiers) and backend grid infrastructure at large scale and have the ability to context switch and work at the strategic, architectural, and operational levels. Your middle name is “Automation” because you have a track record and passion for that with a loathing for doing work by hand. You will be a major contributor to our goal of having tools and automation for our whole end-to-end operation.
Must Have Qualifications
- Engage with product management and software development teams to improve operability, e.g. capacity and performance, change management, business continuity, security, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Troubleshoot production system stacks down to source code and network packet level.
- Develop, maintain, and document operational procedures for automation tools.
- Provide tools, documents, run-books, and training for other tiers of operations staff for providing 24*7 site-up support.
- Design, implement and maintain monitoring to provide complete transparency to application and system state, history, and trends.
- Act as an escalation point for other tiers of operations staff and be the domain expert for your technology portfolios.
- Engage with technology teams across the company to share best practices and leverage tools and code for re-use as effectively as possible in support of the engineering portfolios.
- Architecture Review and work with the Development team to address and improve production issues, like performance, capacity, error handling, BCP, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent/ related field
- 10+ years of production/DevOps engineering experience to support large-scale systems
- Extensive experience with configuring, managing, and supporting applications in AWS (i.e. CloudFormation templates, EC2, VPC, DynamoDB, S3, Route53, CloudWatch, Lambda functions, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills i.e. Perl, Python, Ruby, Node.js and/or any other scripting languages
- Excellent Knowledge of Linux operations, performance, and troubleshooting, including the ability to performance tune kernel parameters
- Excellent Knowledge of real-time monitoring tools such as Splunk & Nagios or other equivalent tools
- Excellent Knowledge of CICD tools, e.g. Jenkin, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Chef, GitHub and/or other tools in production environments at scale
- Excellent Knowledge of IP networking, e.g. HTTPS, DNS, load balancing and CDN, and able to analyze the output data from tcpdump
- Experience with database technologies and operational experience to maintain a database system, e.g. Redis, MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience with big data technologies i.e. Hadoop, Storm, Apache Hbase, and/or other open source technologies related to this area
- Passionate, self-driven, and strong team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.