Our direct client is seeking a Project Manager – (Fiber to the Tower) at their HQ in Denver, CO
- Contract to Hire
- Hourly W2
- Must be local to Denver, CO or willing to relocate.
actively deploying large-scale fiber optic and lit networks throughout the United States in support of wireless, E-rate and large enterprise deployments. Projects include design, engineering, permitting, construction and testing of new fiber spans and lit circuits. These projects may leverage existing fiber plant as well as extensive new Outside Plant (OSP) network construction to deliver fiber connectivity. Lit projects will also include the deployment of electronics to core node and end user locations to deliver the end lit service.
The Strategic Implementation Project Manager is responsible for the overall successful implementation and delivery of these projects.
The PM orchestrates a team of outside plant project managers (OSP PM), fiber engineers, network engineers and service delivery coordinators to successfully and proactively:
- Lead all elements of network installation – Closely manage internal staff and external vendors through the design, permitting, construction and integration process. Ensure the team is working efficiently and effectively in all phases of project execution. Recommend and facilitate the execution of organizational or reporting adjustments as required to maintain optimal project execution.
- Manage customer requirements and expectations – Maintain constant alignment with the customer regarding schedule, technical requirements, build responsibilities and handoffs. Provide regular project updates to the customer throughout the life of the project. Proactively identify and resolve customer-facing issues.
- Develop and manage the project schedule – Leveraging tools, build and validate the project schedule with the project team and ensure the plan meets project objectives. Diligently maintain the project schedules over the life of the project. Ensure the project schedule accurately reflects the project status and is effective in managing the project status throughout the project.
- Develop and manage the project budget – Leveraging tools, build and validate the project budget with the assistance and input of the project team. Ensure the projected project spend in maintained over the life of the project and proactively resolve any budget issues.
- Aggressively manage execution – Manage against the schedule and budget baselines to drive progress, identify and mitigate risks and achieve measurable results. Ensure all team members are in alignment with goals, are accountable for their results and are effectively contributing to the team’s success. Diligently identify, track, follow up and resolve on all issues and actions encountered by and the customer
- Develop and implement project processes, reporting and metrics that record progress, ensure quality, reinforce ownership and accountability, demonstrate trends, identify bottlenecks and achieve results. Adapt current reporting to the specific needs of the project or develop new reporting as required.
- Transparently report project progress – Clearly chart and report project progress. Use key indicators to undercover unhealthy trends or issues before they become project impacting. Proactively raise issues (schedule, budget, technical, quality, customer experience, contractual, etc.) along with mitigation recommendations to leadership and oversee the execution of get-well plans. Maintain constant customer communications on key events and schedule movers.
- 10 years+ successful overall project management responsibility of large-scale network deployments, ideally related to OSP, Ethernet and/or wireless networks.
- Proven ability to develop large project schedules and budgets, maintain forecasts and manage against a scope of work.
- Process and metrics-based management style. Exceptional report development, implementation and analysis skills. Ability to adapt existing reporting or develop new reporting to match the unique and changing needs of each project while working within reporting standards. Extreme attention to detail and an inherent need to understand. Must be strong in Excel (formulas, macros, pivots), Access or similar.
- Proven ability to manage a virtual team across various functional and/or geographic regions to ensure engagement, maintain goal alignment, achieve results and make the project a rewarding experience for the team. Must be able to provide direction to multiple functions to ensure project timelines and contractual commitments are met.
- Ability to act as a key customer point of contact. Includes preparing and leading customers through regular status updates, managing expectations and addressing customer-facing issues.
- Experience with contract/construction management including RFP preparation, budgeting and control estimates, bid review and award, change order management, materials management and project closeout is a plus.
- Understanding of OSP construction management is a plus to include OSP construction methodologies, route feasibility and design development, OSP engineering, permitting, make ready and construction processes, OSP metrics and measures.
- Understanding of network architecture specific to determining project dependencies and critical path activities.
- Working knowledge of GIS-based tools such as MapInfo, ArcView or Google Earth.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Passionate, positive, business-minded leader
- Motivated team leader with strong work ethic and high standards for work quality
- Ability to develop and maintain a team chemistry in a dotted-line environment
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with telecom network deployment, project management databases and tracking systems
- High level understanding of telecommunication products and services knowledge preferred
- Excellent internal and external team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including metrics, reporting and dashboards
- 5 years minimum project management experience required
- PMP certification a plus
- Flexible work hours and some travel
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
• Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.