Our direct end-client is seeking a Data Scientist for 12+ months contract in Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Remote for now, must be onsite once Covid-19 restrictions are removed).
Contract W2 only! (Possible contract-to-hire).
- Partner with various departments (e.g., Product, Engineering, etc.) to frame problems, both mathematically and within the business context.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to bring models to production
- Debug Maintain, Tune, and Improve model behavior and performance with live data.
- Oversee and facilitate the training of a range of Machine Learning models.
- Evaluate the quality of the trained models, using existing and new measures
- Report on the current and historical state of our models’ performance, along with issues and progress
- Incident resolution: Low accuracy troubleshooting, mis-categorization issue analysis
- Maintenance and improvement of the existing model development pipeline
- Produce ad-hoc analysis/investigations on the modelling pipeline
- Document parts of the modeling/testing process
- Support development, enhancement and maintenance of training datasets
- 5+ years of overall data science experience.
- At least 1 year on the job experience with Text Analytics and NLP (natural language processing) techniques and sparse data
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, physics, math, or another quantitative field
- Strong grasp of probability, statistical inference, optimization algorithms, linear algebra, and calculus.
- Understanding of how and when to apply different Machine Learning algorithms
- Ability to write production-level code in Python, as well as proficiency with SQL
- Strong grasp of Pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Scikit-Learn Python packages, as well as other analytics packages in Python, or Spark
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience or familiarity designing and running both simulated and live experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) to drive KPI improvement
- Experience or familiarity building supervised and unsupervised models using statistical or machine learning approaches
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, and to thrive in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- Measure and optimize products and business processes; to identify opportunities, assess risk potentials and explain trends; to drive audience and revenue growth
- Holistic and end to end approach to data, including querying, aggregation, deep analysis, visualization and models; communicate and present findings/actionable insights to audiences at varying levels of technical sophistication
- Assist in data requirements gathering and data validations to improve data platforms
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Strong business acumen with ability to clearly articulate research goals and results to technical and business audiences
- Efficiently manage his/her own project queue and develop streamlined workflows
Bonus Points For
- Prior professional experience in the financial industry
- Ph.D. in economics, statistics, physics, math, or another quantitative field
- Ability to initiate and drive projects from ideation to implementation
- Prior professional experience building deep-learning models and familiarity with the popular frameworks (TensorFlow or PyTorch is a huge bonus)
- Experience with deep learning and other advanced modeling approaches to extract and automate insights from data
- Understanding of current trends in machine learning interpretability and transparency
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Local candidates OR candidates willing to relocate to Costa Mesa CA once Covid restrictions are removed. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.