A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is looking for a Senior Planner
to join their team in Madera, CA.
- Develops and implements unit goals, objectives, policies, and priorities
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and prepares complex projects and conducts research studies, including phases of the General Plan, current plans, and special studies
- Prepares reports and recommendations regarding land use, zoning, urban design, population trends, transportation, community needs, housing, and environmental issues
- Recommends the use of land for residential, commercial, industrial and community uses.
- Reviews, develops, revises, analyzes, and secures environmental impact reports
- Makes determinations of environmental impact projects; presents findings to the City Planning Commission and other agencies.
- Provides information and assistance to developers, property owners and the public regarding laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures related to the submission of plans, processing of applications and implementation requirements
- Investigates and answers questions from the public regarding planning and zoning; responds to complaints of zoning code violations.
- Writes and edits reports, agendas, and minutes for the City Planning Commission
- Coordinates, prepares, and provides meeting support services to the Commission and other groups, including reviewing draft materials and preparing comments
- Drafts hearing notices, organizes meetings and work sessions ensuring timely notification of appropriate parties
- Makes presentations and prepares material for the City Council, commissions, boards, and community groups.
- Serves as technical advisor to City staff and officials, public agencies, and members of the public.
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public.
- Modern principles, practices, and techniques of current and advanced planning
- Land use, physical design, demographic, environmental, economic, and social concepts as applied to municipal planning
- Methods and techniques of supervision, training, and motivation
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations including the City Municipal Code, C.E.Q.A. and California laws relating to subdivisions, annexations, zoning and land use
- Statistical methods and research techniques applicable to the preparation of municipal planning studies
- Modern office practices, methods, and equipment, including a computer and applicable software.
- Apply policies, procedures and standards pertaining to the municipal planning process.
- Interpret maps, site and building plans and specifications, graphs, and statistical data.
- Supervise, train, and motivate assigned staff
- Exercise sound independent judgment
- Interpret and apply applicable laws, codes, and regulations; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Operate an office computer and a variety of word processing and software applications including graphic and presentation programs.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement
Clients tun to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.