A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group has an immediate opening for an Outside Plan Construction Manager in Portland, OR. The OSP PM is responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen within the pre-construction, construction, and splicing phases of an overall project relating to installation of Fiber Optic Networks and Fiber to the Tower. The PM spends more time managing the end to end project including tracking, reporting and forecasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the pre-construction and construction phases of the OSP project - deliver on time, on budget, within quality and safety standards.
- Resolve OSP roadblocks.
- Manage third party pre-construction and construction suppliers.
- Supervise construction crews.
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Manage and meet pre-construction and construction schedules, intervals and due dates.
- Meet project budgets.
- Inspect and assure construction work quality and crew safety.
- Manage, document and record construction field changes.
- Verify supplier invoices match the work actually performed in the field and ensure that all contractual specifications are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience. Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, AutoCAD Viewers software.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Some local travel required.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.