Our direct current client is seeking an Innovation Program Manager to join their Technology management team. Under the direction of the Director - Enterprise Architecture and Innovation, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of innovation projects as they evolve through the client’s Innovation Framework from idea inception thru product launch. The Innovation Program Manager will be a leader and facilitator; excels in program/ project management; is driven, organized and detail oriented; communicates effectively at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manages through relationships and influence; and displays grace under fire.
Specifically, the Innovation Program Manager will drive multiple interdisciplinary teams in scoping, designing and implementing technology solutions that align with short and long-term strategic business objectives. They will partner with business application managers to productionize products onto enterprise platforms to fully realize business outcomes and ROI. They provide expertise on existing and emerging technologies and recommends IT solutions and architecture to solve business problems. They work closely with various business units and IT service providers to analyze business needs, review existing systems landscape and devise optimal solutions.
Additionally, the Innovation Program Manager will provide valuable insights for optimizing user experiences, leveraging best enterprise system practices, integrating existing systems, introducing newer technologies, creating program governance, and guiding stakeholders through program innovation strategy, risk analysis and resource optimization.
Successful candidate should have experience in managing a small team, 1-2 people at least, as this role may eventually have a team of 4-5 direct reports. Competetive salary plus bonus potential from 10-15%.
With a focus on Product management:
- Drive the “how” of execution, developing the necessary plans to deliver cross-functional projects, and manage R&D projects to successful delivery -- on-time, on-budget, and with high quality
- Have in-depth understanding of one’s field and continuously search out best practices
- Demonstrate highly effective practices when leading teams that produce significant business results
- Ensure that project goals are met or exceeded within deadlines, scope, budget, and resource requirements
- Align the direction, products, services and performance to meet the varied needs of client
- Proactively address complex problems that result in a satisfactory outcome for all involved parties
- Ensure ownership and accountability for deliverables, in partnership with different functional and business teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- Master’s Degree in BA, MS in EE, MS in Comp Sci or related field preferred
- 7+ years of Technical Product Management, Technical Project Management, or Information Technology experience
- Extensive knowledge of product, project and program management tools, templates, and techniques
- Recent experience using agile project management or product management tools such as JIRA, Aha!, Version One or similar
- 3+ years of experience using modern software delivery practices Agile, Lean Startup, Test Driven Development, MVP, XP methodologies
- Technology development experience on major technologies and platforms such as J2EE, .Net, API/Web Services, Salesforce, PCF, AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku, Big Data
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
- Experienced working as a technical/functional leader handling multiple stakeholders
- Experienced in managing relationships with vendors, partners, and customers
- Demonstrable knowledge in technology with a focus on software and service products/trends
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills; must have the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- A team player with integrity, passion, initiative, and leadership ability
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Highly organized, multi-tasking capabilities, and commitment to detail
- Analytical and collaborative in your approach to everything
- Energized by tackling hard problems and breaking new ground
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and thrive with new challenges
- Exposure to emerging technologies such as Big Data, API economy, Serverless, IOT integration, convergence of AI, machine learning and deep learning
- Working in an Innovation Group or Innovation Lab
- Experience as a Technical Product Manager at innovative companies - AWS, Google, Salesforce, Apple, Microsoft,
- Experience using Innovation management tools such as BrightIdea, Idea Drop, Planview, Itonics, etc.
- Experience setting up Innovation capabilities at a Fortune 1000 company
- Experience working for Big 5 / Management Consulting firm advising Fortune 1000 companies
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.